Hey kids

Thanks for stoppin by my little spot on the map of worldwide bloggers.
Yet another mom who is trying to make a living doing what she loves, which is playing with fabric!
Help pass the word around that there is a new kid on the block.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Taking out the quilting one stitch at a time

How many times have you started a project and ripped more than one thing apart?
 I am one who does not like to take things apart and would just leave things be.... until yesterday! I did some quilting on the piece below and was not happy with the way it was going so I stopped and stared at it pondering the thoughts ... can I make it work the way it is and how can I cover up the stitching... anything to avoid getting out the seam ripper...After a long break I realized that if I want to enter this quilt into some big shows I need to remove the quilting I have done along with the flower center which is not visible with the naked eye. I had to remove all of the quilting that was around and on the upper green plate. I took my time because the fabric I used is not replaceable and it needs to stay as part of the piece, more on the fabric another day..
  
Can you see the flower center? I can't either...

Now I am working on adding more curly-cues; placing a background around the flower to make it pop so it can be more than a "wall flower". Which brings me to the next part which is how to quilt the piece... any suggestions, send them on over...

Now go out and make it a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment